Thread: Dvd formats

safn1949

Default Dvd formats

The only DVD I could find was a NTSC version, but Hong Kong or Japan regions - not sure if they'll play on my DVD player? Anyone know?

This is from a flight sim site I am on,concerning a movie some of the members in the US would like to purchase,I have no idea if it will play on US DVD players although I would think it would play on my laptop.

Thumbs up

National Television System Committee or NTSC for short is the analogue television system used in America and the far east, as opposed to Phase Alternating Line or PAL which is used in most of Europe, unless you have a multi region DVD player, it will only play on a DVD player that is set up for that particular system, but as the guy is from the US he shouldn't have a problem
    It will also play on your pc as your DVD player will allow you to change the region to suit 5 times.
    Last edited by alkie; 03-07-2009 at 02:48 AM.

safn1949

Thanks,I have relayed the information.