Thread: VHS to Computer?

Expert

Default VHS to Computer?

Can anyone steer me to converting a clip on a VHS (VCR) to a file on my computer?

Thanks in advance!

I have been recently converting some old vhs movies to my pc to burn to dvd. There are a few progs out there that do the job. The one I use is roxio easy vhs to dvd, it can rip directly from a vhs and burn to a dvd or rip to your hard drive. With it you can do some mild enhancements to the video footage being recorded such as brightening and sharpening the image, basic novice type tools. The program comes with a usb capture device. The whole package doesnt cost much. You can either get the easy vhs to dvd or spend the extra and get creator 2009 which has the vhs to dvd included. The prog has worked fairly well for me. There are some other options like using vlc player to record to your hard drive also, but no matter which route you decide to go, you will need either a usb capture device or a video capture card installed in your tower.

Expert

Thank you so much!