Thread: Security token missing

Default Security token missing

for the last 2 days I've tried to upload 8 x 20mb Hj files to my new thread. I move them across to upload from my pc then roughly an hour or so goes by and I get a banner come up saying ' missing security token' so no upload please contact administrator. This i've done and got invalid link. I think I finally sent a mail to the administrator, but as yet i have had no reply. In case it never went anywhere and they are blissfully unaware of my problem I've posted it here. I've tried to upload through 2 different browsers (firefox and chrome), ran virus checker before trying to upload. So I am at a loss. Any advice or help gratefully received.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybob54 View Post
    for the last 2 days I've tried to upload 8 x 20mb Hj files to my new thread. I move them across to upload from my pc then roughly an hour or so goes by and I get a banner come up saying ' missing security token' so no upload please contact administrator. This i've done and got invalid link. I think I finally sent a mail to the administrator, but as yet i have had no reply. In case it never went anywhere and they are blissfully unaware of my problem I've posted it here. I've tried to upload through 2 different browsers (firefox and chrome), ran virus checker before trying to upload. So I am at a loss. Any advice or help gratefully received.
    Don't worry wobbly, I can assure you that they have been informed of this matter and hopefully the problem will be sorted out asap.
    In the meantime, I would suggest to you to load 20mb files at no more than 5 at a time and this will solve the immediate problem you are having.

Just an FYI, I have never been able to upload more than 5 20mb clips at a time. I have comcast and a pretty good speed, that is just the way it is. I don't know if anyone can upload more than 5 parts at a time at 20mb

If I have more than 5 parts I just go in and edit the post to add the remaining parts

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

Default Many thanks from WB the IT idiot

Gentlemen,
    Really appreciate the quick replies. As a technical idiot I assumed it was me, or the fact my fledgling thread wasn't wanted anymore! I will try a few at a time and see how I get on.
    Many thanks to you all.
    WB

Expert

Six parts is my max, if I try to upload 7 or more parts at once I get the security token missing error message as well. Best to stick with a number you know for sure is gonna work.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybob54 View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Really appreciate the quick replies. As a technical idiot I assumed it was me, or the fact my fledgling thread wasn't wanted anymore! I will try a few at a time and see how I get on.
    Many thanks to you all.
    WB
    Hey, we all have to start somewhere wobbly
    Just glad we could be of assistance!!
    Regards

P.S. You might consider yourself a tech idiot but you have been smart enough to join platinum so kudos to you!!

elgrego

Quote Originally Posted by facialadmin View Post
    its not a good idea to try to upload large amounts of data, your better off uploading a couple at a time..

the software is not designed for this kind of heavy uploads, to get it quicker i would need to lower the max filesize.

FA
    from another similar thread, words of wisdom from facialadmin himself

There's nothing at all wrong with your thread wobblybob, keep going