Thread: can't view pictures

Default can't view pictures

Hi all, long time member and not so computer savvy. ive never had a problem b4 but last week i was suddenly unable to view any pics here. i don't think i changed anything, can anyone help me?

safn1949

Make sure you are logged in,that's what happens if you're not.Do all you see is file names?

i can see the box where the pictures are supposed to be, but i cannot see the names or anything the box is just a small rectangle in the post. i can't see the reply button in the thread here either. someone suggested i try internet explorer instead and i can see the reply button now along with the pictures..but im used to using firefox, and i find it odd that all of the sudden it doesn't work... i mean i was on the forum when it suddenly stopped working. let me know and thanks so much for getting back to me.

While in Firefox are you able to log in okay? Maybe try clearing all your cookies and then try logging in again. Another possible problem could be with your security settings. Maybe full access to FF has been accidently disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1453 View Post
    While in Firefox are you able to log in okay? Maybe try clearing all your cookies and then try logging in again. Another possible problem could be with your security settings. Maybe full access to FF has been accidently disabled.
    i think someone talked me through the cookie thing already. but yeah i can log in ok but i can't see any pics and some of the buttons are missing. what else can i do? please keep i mind i don't know like anything about computers.

Quote Originally Posted by foxychicky View Post
    i think someone talked me through the cookie thing already. but yeah i can log in ok but i can't see any pics and some of the buttons are missing. what else can i do? please keep i mind i don't know like anything about computers.
    Well, if it gets too technical I am not your man either. I will forward your problem to the rest of the staff and hopefully we can figure out what is going on here.

First thing, is Firefox working at other sites that require a log-in? If it is not, then the problem probably is with your firefox software. You might try going to their site and upgrading your version if that is possible. Otherwise, the easiest thing might be to uninstall firefox, restart your computer, then using IE reinstall firefox and whatever addons you like. If it does work elsewhere this most likely won't help. Unless for some reason your current firefox has disabled the login for FF. This happens. IE did the same thing to me last year. Sometimes it would work, most times it would not. I switched over to firefox and had no problem.

Or, like I mentioned earlier your security settings might be blocking access. But for that you will need better help than me. Anyway, check firefox elsewhere and let us know what you find. Good luck.

Facialnator

hmmm is it only on facial forum you are, noticing problems?

Let's try, I need some information, lots of questions.

• Doesn't show the pictures in all of the sections ?
    • What buttons are you missing ?
    • Did you see the avatars ?
    • Did you see pictures in the groups you are member of ?
    • How does the rectangle box looks like (Colour, content)?
    • What version of FireFox do you use (Help--> About FireFox)?
    • Installed a new add-on recently?

To be sure, you did clear your cookies ?(Go to Tools --> Options. Click Privacy. Click the "Show Cookies" button and then click the Remove All Cookies button. )

Default for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldbr View Post
    Let's try, I need some information, lots of questions.

• Doesn't show the pictures in all of the sections ?
    • What buttons are you missing ?
    • Did you see the avatars ?
    • Did you see pictures in the groups you are member of ?
    • How does the rectangle box looks like (Colour, content)?
    • What version of FireFox do you use (Help--> About FireFox)?
    • Installed a new add-on recently?

To be sure, you did clear your cookies ?(Go to Tools --> Options. Click Privacy. Click the "Show Cookies" button and then click the Remove All Cookies button. )

if anyone has time to try and help me im going to be in chat for abit. thanks in advance.

Default fixed

my aunt called a computer tech in today and everything works now....and before any of you ask no she did not know that i could not view pictures here...i guess she was having problems as well. thanks to everyone else who tried helping, i'll keep you in mind in the future. thanks again.