Thread: Computer purchase

Expert

Default Computer purchase

Need some input on a computer to purchase. I have around $2,000.00 U.S. dollars to spend on a computer. I plan to start uploading a good deal after I get it. I have a lot of dvd's that I will have to rip but I am thinking of getting an imac and have never owned one before always a pc. Any thought on whether to get the mac or should i get a pc? Any thoughts on which pc if you say that? Thanks in advance.

Virgin

are you comfortable in building computers? that's what i do, it saves a lot of money and you get more bang for your buck.

safn1949

I have to say that a good laptop will set you back about $750,I am on a Toshiba A 505,my third Toshiba and have had great luck.It really is all the computer you need unless you do high end gaming.A505S6965 is the model number,take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jodymack View Post
    Need some input on a computer to purchase. I have around $2,000.00 U.S. dollars to spend on a computer. I plan to start uploading a good deal after I get it. I have a lot of dvd's that I will have to rip but I am thinking of getting an imac and have never owned one before always a pc. Any thought on whether to get the mac or should i get a pc? Any thoughts on which pc if you say that? Thanks in advance.
    Get the Mac. I've got both a 24" iMac and a Macbook as well as a couple PCs. (One is a file server one for gaming)

I'm in IT and have both Mac and PCs and the Macs are so much easier to work with and have tons less problems, much quicker and more user friendly. That being said if you're comfortable with Windoze, you can save a bit if you're on a budget but it sounds like you've got it covered.

Good luck!

safn1949

I looked at a Mac,but I'm a cheap prick and run a bunch of windows based programs,I would like to have one someday however.

* Verified Member * swappingwithbigpapa's Avatar

Default Awesome Dell on a Dell

I have bought about 7 Dell computers that have been refurbished over the last 9 years. I have been happy with all of them.

Go to Dell dot Com /outlet

I'm currently using the XPS M1530 laptop with bluray....It's awesome and I got it for well under 800. free shipping on some as well. think they have coupons out there as well that can take 10% to 15% off instantly. google those.

I also think they include a free upgrade to windows 7 when it comes out so pretty good deal.

Good luck.

Expert

Sorry i'm late in thanking everyone but have been on a little vacation. Thanks to everyone that replyed. All valuable information. I will be purchasing one in about three weeks and can hopefully start uploading some stuff.