Thread: HJ Split not recognizing files

Default HJ Split not recognizing files

Hey
    i have a prob with HJ Split not recognizing split files. I have all the files in the one folder but the program cannot see them to join. I think I have the latest version (2.4). What could be the issue here?

any help greatly appreciated

Lightbulb

HJS only recognises the first file (.001) just click that one and all the rest will be joined automatically.
    If you are still having problems try this alternative program, (I use it and find it much better to use, just right click on the .001 file and join)

http://www.facialforum.net/showpost....86&postcount=1

Hope that helped

Virgin

Default alsohaving some probs with hj

must have a download setting wrong because when i download hj files they show up as mpeg video files and hj can not find them.:

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    must have a download setting wrong because when i download hj files they show up as mpeg video files and hj can not find them.:
    Does the file have any extension showing at all? If not it sounds like you have your file extensions hidden?
    If you are using Windows, open any folder, lets say for example your My Documents folder, click on the tools tab at the top,then select the folder options, you will now have a window open that has three tabs at the top, click on the second tab, View and scroll down til you get to the hide extension for known file types files and make sure this box isn't ticked.
    You should find that the HJS extension will now show up.

Might also want to check out HJ Split - Java Version. I was having the same problem as you until I figured that one out with this new find. Just so long as the files are named corrected, it will also seek out and connect all of them in sequential order with a single click.

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#java is the link.

Good luck,
    Last edited by ronaldbr; 01-24-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: removed hotlink