Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old and New members alike, please read

Default Old and New members alike, please read

I have noticed a trend of people posting 5 or 10 quick posts in a row to enable certain functions of the forum. This is not in the spirit of what the forum is about and is simply selfish and very obvious.

It bumps threads that otherwise wouldn't have been bumped and usually consists of 5 posts exclaiming "Great Pics"

Very lame and I don't want to see it any more.

If you do this I will begin handing out warnings and infractions, so please don't post replies to get something out of it, post them with well thought out replies because it's deserved.
    Last edited by The Shape; 09-06-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

Default thanks for pointing this out..

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I have noticed a trend of people posting 5 quick posts in a row to enable certain functions of the forum. This is not in the spirit of what the forum is about and is simply selfish and very obvious.

It bumps threads that otherwise wouldn't have been bumped and usually consists of 5 posts exclaiming "Great Pics"

If you do this I will begin handing out warnings and infractions, so please don't post replies to get something out of it, post them with well thought out replies because it's deserved.
    I have noticed many such posts, and it always irritates - because I wind up looking a a "new" post that is a total waste of time. One other thing I see is some folks posting three or more in the same thread - mere seconds apart. Yoicks!!
    Here's mud in yer eye!

the bigger the mess on her chin,
    the greater the width of my grin

Yes, very irritating and just something people do to get what they want. We are all watching out for it and chances are the people who do it won't even read this, but the warning is there.

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl52us View Post
    I have noticed many such posts, and it always irritates - because I wind up looking a a "new" post that is a total waste of time. One other thing I see is some folks posting three or more in the same thread - mere seconds apart. Yoicks!!
    niteowl52us, if/when you see this again you can give us a heads up by clicking on the http://www.facialforum.net/images/buttons/report.gif button under the person's user name/avatar. You could also send us a PM with the post location. This is how you and other users can help us out from time to time We try and catch what we can, but obviously we can't catch them all.

Thanks for caring.

been noticing this alot too, very annoying and a waste of peoples time

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I have noticed a trend of people posting 5 quick posts in a row to enable certain functions of the forum. This is not in the spirit of what the forum is about and is simply selfish and very obvious.

Yikes!
    First we, the paying customers, are berated for enjoying the posts but not commenting. Now we get ripped because an English major grades our composition to be poor. I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but I struggle to find a balance that would satisfy everyone. We cannot all write a thesis praising each post. We're trying to acknowledge the good ones without spending all day. (After all, we want time to view the pics and vids.) Is it now better to play it safe and ignore?

No Goboy........

You are totally missing the point here. I cannot stress that enough. Here is an example I saw just today.

A member posts 5 bullshit "great pics" in a row...5:51 5:52 5:53 5:54 5:55 and you know where they were after that??? In someone's album looking at pics which you can only do after 5 posts. If you can't see the connection there I don't know what to tell you.

The 5 posts were made in succession with the main purpose of trying to view an album. I know you have disagreed with staff in the past on some things and that is fine.......in this case you don't have a leg to stand on.

Try and understand what it is I'm talking about here before making it seem like it's a case of mods just blowing steam......it's not.

Sorry Shape. I guess I don't know anything about 'albums.' Again, it was not my intent to offend. I thought you were referring to quick 'thank you' posts which I have done here and there simply to acknowledge posts I enjoy.

Virgin

Well I don't think I'll win any awards for rapid-fire posting to get some other feature enabled....but I do like the pics on this forum for what it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by goboy View Post
    Sorry Shape. I guess I don't know anything about 'albums.' Again, it was not my intent to offend. I thought you were referring to quick 'thank you' posts which I have done here and there simply to acknowledge posts I enjoy.

First off, thanks for contributing goboy

Second, I know Shape is mainly referring to very new members who are trying to get past the 5-post limit they have to make in order to enable certain viewing functions on the forum. The rule is in place to encourage valid participation, not create short substance-free posts.

It's great you acknowledge posts you enjoy! Definitely keep doing that. The original posters appreciate comments. However, "me too" posts have always been the bane of the internet. Saying a bit more than "thank you" would be good...add a comment specific to the post you're referring to. Like, the girl is pretty, nice load, is she a natural blonde, where was that taken, etc.

As someone above pointed out, threads being bumped are great, but often we see them thinking perhaps there are new pics posted in them, or at least some worthwhile comment...only to find it's two words, often from someone trying to make a quota. All we're saying is, put 10 seconds of thought into a post instead of 2 seconds.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast