Thread: Wants to download as Attatchments

Default Wants to download as Attatchments

Ive been downloading attachments for a while now with out issue but today I have not been able to" save links as". when I do it trys to save the files as attachments and not the file names...If i open the link in a new tab and choose save file it will work. I cleared all cookies but am still having the same problem...Any suggestions?

Which browser and operation system do you use?
    And what do you mean: save the files as attachments ?

Default More Clarity

I use windows 7 and mozilla firefox with the download all extension as an option. Ill show you the screens that I get. When I right click and try to "save link as" it will open the first screen you see and try to save the file as an "
    attachment.php" If i just click on the file it will try to open it...If i choose save file instead of open it will save it properly...I hope you can offer your knowledge on this one...It was working fine the other day...I did not change any settings that I know of and now it does as I described.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Even thought it is a common problem, I don't have the right solution for it. It happens from time to time to a single person.
    Maybe you can find an answer in this thread: http://www.facialforum.net/showthrea...&highlight=php

I also use Firefox myself, with the DownThemAll add-on too, and it works fine for me all the time. Let me know if it helps.

Default Something for Administrators to look at !!!

Could this tie into the issue ??

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...137015&start=0

Post Posted March 12th, 2009, 12:15 am
    i have this problem: when i save a image from forum that use php, the image is saved as php file and not as jpg file!
    if i open the images with the middle click is saved as php, if i open the image with a normal click and i wait that the image is loaded is saved as jpg
    anyone know how fix this problem?
    i'm using 3.1b4

Post Posted March 14th, 2009, 2:18 am
    Likely no solution because the problem lies in the way the forum software is serving the file.

For example, I see this in PHPBB. Clicking on the link triggers a download with the correct name. Middle or Right clicking gives the wrong file name.

I had trouble with the latest version of DLTA also. When I did the last update, I think on the 12th of this month, all I got here and elsewhere were urls instead of pics. Ultimately I uninstalled it, found the previous version, and reinstalled it instead. Since then I have ignored the prompts to update and it is working fine.