Thread: Viewing GIFs on Android?

Bobby Coke

Default Viewing GIFs on Android?

Yo

I'm a newcomer to Android phones, and after searching around for ages trying to see if any gifs worked, I found that on Opera Mobile gifs load up and can be viewed whereas most browsers just load the first frame as a jpeg.

All good you might think, but the problem is I seem to be unable to log in to Facial Forum on Opera Mobile. I put in my details, and the 'you have successfully logged in' message comes up, but as soon as the next page loads I'm already logged out.

The weird thing is logging in on Opera Mini works fine, but it doesn't load gifs for some reason!

Also I noticed that Facial Forum can be viewed with the Tapatalk app - it works really well, but alas, no gifs work on that either...

So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to why Opera Mobile won't let me log in?

I used to have the same problem. I really dont know the name of my browser cause im just using the default one. I think the way i got around it was by just clicking a random thread link and it turned out i was in fact logged in after all. Sounds stupid and simplistic perhaps but have you tried it?

Gifs on the other hand i have absolutely no idea about. Havent even thought about it. Been a while since i logged in from the phone to be honest.

When the flame turns to ashes, legends will be forgotten...

Bobby Coke

Default Cheers hated.

Quote Originally Posted by hated View Post
    I used to have the same problem. I really dont know the name of my browser cause im just using the default one. I think the way i got around it was by just clicking a random thread link and it turned out i was in fact logged in after all. Sounds stupid and simplistic perhaps but have you tried it?
    Cheers for the response hated.

I had tried that, because it had worked for me before on the default browser where it looked like you weren't logged in but actually were. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on Opera Mobile.

Had a quick look around Google and it seems this is quite a common issue. The most popular response was to get Opera Mini which will work, but since it's mostly gifs I'm after, this doesn't solve much.

Gifs on the other hand i have absolutely no idea about. Havent even thought about it. Been a while since i logged in from the phone to be honest.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be logging on on my phone very often either, but it would be cool if I could gets gifs working 'in case of emergency'!

No problem mate! Sorry i couldnt be of more help.

I hear ya about those emergencies. They do exist after all.

When the flame turns to ashes, legends will be forgotten...

Bobby Coke

Default Problem solved...

Forgot I'd started this thread, but I did find a solution to this problem so thought I'd post it here to wrap things up.

Basically, to sort out the login problem on Opera Mobile all you have to do is tick the 'remember me' box that logs you in automatically. This seems to give you the right cookie and keeps you logged in so you can browse the site as normal, complete with gifs working. Came in handy a couple of times recently...