Poll: Circumcision Yea or Nay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circumcision Question

Question Circumcision Question

Hi Everybody, I wanted to start this thread because my wife and I are about to have twin boys and we have been discussing whether or nor to circumcise them. After a lot of research we are leaning towards not doing it, it seems painful, somewhat risky and unnecessary. That being said I am circumcised and I don't mind it but I have never known anything different. I'd love to hear from the men and the women here at FF to get their opinions on the subject to help us make a more informed decision. I have added a poll for those that may not want to write anything but have an opinion on the matter. Thanks in advance for your help!

This is one of those topics where many people are passionate about their opinion. There are pros and cons on each side. Still, I would do it if I had sons. For some of the most recent medical findings this CNN article sums them up fairly well:

AAP: Health benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks - August 27, 2012
    http :// www . cnn . com/2012/08/27/health/aap-circumcision-recommendation

You know my opinion by looking at my user name....I've got a son and left him intact no regrets
    Please check out our entire collection here...
    Missy and George's FF Members Showcase

Request a Fansign Here!!

As a health care professional (i am a nurse- yes, a male nurse nonetheless so insert your "focker" jokes here ) there is no question in my mind that circumcision was the appropriate choice when our son was born. I am circumcised, yes, but that did not factor in our decision. Our choice to circumcise our son was made for the health benefits.
    As far as the "pain" of the experience goes i do not believe there is a "traumatic" injury or pain that comes from this procedure. Again, as a nurse (when i was in school) i saw several circumcisions performed and not once did i see what i would describe as a "painful" experience. And too be honest- there are really no pain receptors to speak of in the skin of the penis- circumcised or other. I can pinch, squeeze, manipulate the "loose" skin of my penis to this day without pain. In addition, babies do not perceive pain as a response; and they are "medicated" prior to the procedure with a high concentration sugar solution on a pacifier that is placed in their mouth. This solution has been shown to cause a euphoric state in babies stronger than that of narcotic pain medications in adults.
    The decision is to each their own. I just thought i would state my view as a nurse who has seen the positives and negatives of bacterial and fungal infections first hand. Im not saying being uncircumcised causes that, but there is a cleanliness factor that many people lack (an uncircumcised penis must be washed and cleaned differently and more thoroughly) and that will contribute to a higher rate of infection.

Thanks to everyone for their input so far!

Tattoo, thanks for your advice nice to have a medical professional in the mix. Pain was a consideration, I watched a video and it was a little hard to watch but that was my first time seeing a circumcision. Blood loss was also a concern I have heard an infant only needs to lose an ounce of blood to put them in danger, can you verify that? We were going to do delayed circumcision if we decided to do it to let them have a little time to adjust to the world outside the womb before cutting them any thoughts regarding immediate or delayed circumcision

So far the poll shows more people in favor of not doing it, but they seem to be less vocal. Thanks for your input Uncut, loss of sensation was also a concern as I have read there are 20,000 nerve endings in the foreskin. The unfortunate part about infant circumcision to me is that none of us know the difference. Any members out there that had an adult circumcision? I'd love to get your advice.

Also ladies please let me know your thoughts as that is a very important factor too!

Thanks again to everyone for their input!

Banned

circumcision really had it's resurgence in this country in the 19th century because people thought it would prevent boys from masturbating. I think we all here are pro-masturbation.

I have to say, as an uncut man: I can see absolutely no valid reason to circumcise, and I'm SUPER thankful for my parents making the decision not to perform an unnecessary, cosmetic, invasive procedure at my birth without consulting me.

It takes almost zero maintenance to keep that area clean. showering a non-zero amount should do it.

I say wait to circumcise and bring it up with your kid when he's 18 and ask if he wants to do it. (I bet I know what the answer would be)

Well of course as a grown man no male would rightfully want to be curcumcised. The advantage of doing it at birth is the absence of pain. And fyi... A circumcision is not considered an "invasive" procedure as there is no penetration into the body.
    Circumcision is definitely a personal and/or religious choice. Overall, in the world population, i know that more men are uncircumcised than are. And yes, as an adult, there is minimal work to keep the area clean. But as we all know (or should anyway), the concern of cleanliness comes more so in children and the elderly. Many parents lack the education about proper cleaning and the use of diapers only further facilitates the collection of bacteria and the possibility of infection.
    To me, the choice is a personal decision to be made by the parents/family, and if old enough- the individual!
    There is no right or wrong really- simply a matter of preference. I was merely providing medical reasoning for the advantages of circumcision from my career experience.
    The bottom line is... To each their own.

And with this being a large international forum i am not surprised by the poll results and comments thus far. As i said, worldwide circumcision is probably less popular due to different religions and cultural aspects... As long with the vastly different medicine practices and standards between US, European, and Asian physicians. Let us also not forget the cost, the almighty dollar, plays a pivotal role in treatment rendered and received

So far as I'm aware, the only real health benefit is from a SLIGHT decrease in HIV rates among those who are circumcised versus those who are not. That doesn't seem worth it to mutilate someone's genitalia without their consent.

And mind you, this is coming from someone who generally finds circumcised penises more attractive (since I have one, it's what I'm used to).

That being said - Spent's uncircumcised cock is mighty fine too

Banned

Why, thank you NAND.

you are living proof that a man doesn't need foreskin to enjoy the hell out of his cock!

But having foreskin is really nice, and it's my pleasure to share the pleasure.
    Last edited by Spent; 07-04-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: forum is about girls with cum on their face, not arguments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast