Hi,
I’ve been a lurker for several years (feeling a bit guilty) mainly because I have been a graduate student working on my doctorate and spent every waking hour doing research and working to put myself through school. Fortunately, FF has provided me with many much needed and appreciated study breaks over the last couple of years. Now that I am done with school and have more time I want to show my appreciation by giving back to the FF community. I have been a collector of facial material for many years dating back to the VHS days. My preference is just the large blast facials without much pre and post blast activity. Also the bigger and thicker the blast the better! I appreciate all the material people have generously posted on the FF board, but the Shape’s Tier 1, and the surprise and dislike facials threads are the closest to my tastes (so to speak). Still, I have found that even some of those excellent post have more pre and post material than I would prefer or the volume of the blast are unremarkable. Now I am not complaining, but rather sharing my preference and possibly some of other members of the community. So, what I would like to do is create a “facials only” compilation of my best material. Some of it will be from FF board posts and some of it will be from my own personal collection that I have not seen posted on the board. It will be comprised of clips between 30 and 60 seconds long (which is about the typical length of most facial blast; I will of course include the entire blast if it is longer or if clip that includes multiples) and in all will be about 10 minutes long. That’s a lot of clips and will take me some time to put together, but well worth it for me to show my appreciation. My question is what is the best and simplest tool I can download for free or purchase (note: I’m still on student budget) to edit clips down to just the money shots and then to join them together in a Mega “just the facial” compilation. The editor/joiner has to be able to accommodate all the different formats (wmv, mpeg, avi, mov, etc.). HJ split won’t work because it does not allow editing.
Thanks for the help,
Doc !